"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, December 15, 2011

V is for volcano

So our letter this week in school is V. We have done our usual routines, read our stories, practiced our memory verse (which is KJV this week so its a tough one) and enjoyed the our song. One Way by Hillsong. A song I first heard when I lived in London and attended the Hillsong church, just a side note! 

So we just had to make a volcano. I asked my super science friend for some helpful hints but found out with my own experiments how to get a great reaction from Shadd. 



A weird angle but I can't believe I actually captured his facial expression as I was pouring the stuff and taking a picture 

The smaller container took a lot less baking soda and vinegar

Even Ells thought it was fun! 

Our first attempt with homemade playdough. WE need some practice! 
So far one science experiment successful. It may be a few weeks before we tackle another. I would rather stick to math I think. Too bad Shadd can't handle story problems yet.

1 comment:

  1. In the spring you will have to put a mento in a 2 liter bottle of sprite = it equals quite a volcano but not worth doing inside unless you want some major clean up!!!

    ReplyDelete