"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hand painted mugs

So this year we made a lot of home-made gifts, which was a ton of fun. I will have to get pictures of all of them to show you what we were able to do. But this little project for Grandma Darcy and Papa Greg was a ton of fun and the best part - Shadd got to do the work! 



We used the silhouette to cut out the vinyl - using the stencil vinyl. Adhere to mugs (extras I just had laying around). We then purchased ceramic paint from Michaels ($2 a bottle I think). Then Shaddy got to work! He did awesome! 





After they were painted...I let them dry for 1hr. Then you are to bake per instructions on the paint or let cure for 21 days. Like we had 21 days to wait.

Here is the crappy part. I tried to pull off the vinyl but it started to ruin the design so we baked with stencil vinyl on. When finished some of the paint was still stuck to the vinyl so I had to free hand a bit. But they turned out decent enough for the grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment