"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

I don't know what you house looks like after Christmas but ours is a mess. Thankfully, we only have to unload once but when we do. It looks like we have one the lottery or something!

This year we spent the whole weekend in Winterset with a brief stint on Christmas day at our house. We got so much great stuff I can't even begin to list it all.

However, I just got done trying out my new Wii Zumba game. Just so you know the belt that comes with it still fits a very pregnant person's hips. It was a blast. Also once I get a larger SD card I will be able to upload so new pics from my new camera. Its part of my birthday gift too. Our old camera took some type of memory stick or something so those 16mb sd cards only hold like 10 pictures or something.

D, of course, is sporting some new ISU sweats, a Jets sweatshirt, golf stuff, and some sweet Toms (he even likes them). My mom thought it would be the one present that got a good laugh. Every year she trys something a little trendy for that boy and he just can't stop laughing. My favorite was the jeans with zippers.

Now as for Shaddy and Ells - they both are spoiled rotten by their grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, and even mom & dad. Santa brought them this sweet cd player with microphones - we have been jammin out to Go Fish and Hillsong Kids.



Shadd got a motorized race track (the one he spent the entire state fair at - thanks grandma darcy & papa greg). A lightning mcqueen and mater remote controlled car. Which a currently in time-out as one got thrown across the garage as Ells tried to play with it.




Ells a new baby plus all the accessories to go with it. She will be set to play momma when this new little one arrives. She even got a horse to ride on! Shadd dubbed him Royal (after Papa Don's horse).

All in all we are so very blessed. As I just read the legend of St. Nicholas - I was reminded that it is an amazing ability to be able to share our love with others by giving gifts. We just must hold sight of the greatest gift that we have been given - Jesus Christ.

I know we so often think of His entrance into the world this time of year but we more importantly need to remember His purpose in fulfilling God's prophecies. He was born of a virgin, found lying in manger: a new born King. Yet He was sent to this earth with the purpose to hang on a cross and pay the ultimate penalty for sin. To save your soul and mine. I thank Him for doing that for me! For willing laying down his life to pay for my sins. He was perfect, it is me who falls short of the Glory of God. Yet by dying on the cross - he broke that barrier between God and me. And now I can rest assured that when I die I will spend eternity with Him in paradise!

What an amazing promise that was fulfilled by God sending Jesus to this earth just over 2000 years ago! And someday He will return. Are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment