"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013

Wow. Another year. I can't say I'm in a very reflective mood tonight so I won't be going super deep as I ponder what 2013 will bring. I am a little exhausted as of late. We hosted some friends last night for the big game and the eve of the new year, I tried to tackle the overwhelming Photoshop and then my hubby surprised me with a little bday gathering in honor of my big day on Thursday this afternoon. Don't worry. I didn't put two and two together til D's sister showed up with her family. I guess it didn't seem too odd that both of my parents and his parents just randomly stopped by at around the same time. Of course, my hubby was a little more helpful around the house but he didn't do anything too suspicious.  Since we cleaned up Christmas decorations we obviously needed to vaccume. However his non-nap afternoon even after helping put Ells to bed and volunteering to do the few lunch dishes should have put up some red flags.

But the surprise was great. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by pretty much my entire family (both sides). Its a little hard to swallow that I am turning the big 30 in a few days but with each year I begin to get a glimpse of how God's illustrating the perfect story. Its not always easy and there are always bumps but I just hope it portrays God's glory in me.

My beautiful cake thanks to my mother-in-law
Of course, I wanted an all cousin picture. I mean there were 16 adults and 9 (plus 1) kiddos in total. Wow. We seem to be growing quite rapidly.


It was quite the task. I mean Sage didn't want Papa to go. And then we couldn't see Ells so here is our best shot. Poor Sager. Just not liking the group photos. 


30 candles. Thats a lot of heat. Thankfully I had good help blowing all those little guys out. 




 We look like quite the scrubs.  My hubby could at least told me we were going to Des Moines in the afternoon or something. I am thankful I showered. However if I would have put some makeup on or blow dried my hair I could have at least looked more presentable. I guess that what the surprise part gets uh. At least it was just my family and they have seen me at my absolute worst.


1 comment:

  1. Awww...how sweet! You always look beautiful Karie! Happy Bday!

    ReplyDelete