"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday

With the shortened week, it feels like Thursday even though it is Friday. So I guess that's my excuse. I promise I will get better and run out of them.

Just getting back from early morning workout and there is just something about signing up and paying for a workout that motivates me to get up and go. I love it. Plus I think in a class you just work harder. At least I try not to give up. Maybe an image thing but hey whatever works to push me.

So here is my list...

1. grandparents always available to watch our kiddos, which lately seems like a lot as we are constantly trying to work on something for the house and it is tough to do with three little ones in tow.
2. rain
3. fall weather - its coming
4. one last time to fill up the pool
5. ells and shadd's imaginations
6. trip to the zoo with some friends
7. our encounter with the seal (shadd laughs so hard as tells the story)
8. 1st carousel ride - not sure we are quite ready for adventureland let alone disney someday
9. time spent with my hubs (even if its discussing politics, lighting, concrete, counters, etc)
10. Sage's dimple
11. piles of laundry - trying really hard to find joy in this one!
12. my family's health
13. great friends all across the country


We just can't be thankful enough for even the small moments we have. My mom mentioned a book she was reading where the author said we need to embrace interruptions as they are what make up life. And when I think he was talking about interruptions he meant all the things that break up what I want to do and get done. I have my checklist even if its not written down of all the things I would like to accomplish at the beginning of the day but I need to be prepared for the interruptions because they are what makes my life glorify God. The daily chores probably aren't what I will remember when I look back on these days. No. I will cherish the conversations I get to have with my mom, the dirty smiles and laughter of my kiddos, our moments of care free fun, late night chats, our full family dinners, etc.

Just take a moment and relish what you have because at any moment it can be taken away. A dear sweet friend of mine from college knows this all to well. Her mother is battling Alzheimer's at a really young age. I knew her mom and the two of them are really close just my mom and I are. I can't even imagine the trial that she is facing to know that someday if not already her mom doesn't even know her name or who she is. Its just a reminder that life here on this earth is only temporary. It won't be pretty or even easy. No, its not whether or not we will face trials here on this earth; no, it is just when and how will we respond. Just makes me think of this passage. Consider it pure joy. Yes. Easier said then done but as you persevere and lean on the Him,  He will use you for His glory and you will grow in Him!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 2: 2-4


No comments:

Post a Comment