"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A sweet reminder of school

Remember a few weeks ago when I said my mom and sis and I scored some great treasures. Well you are looking at a couple below. I love chalkboards in every form. In fact, I believe I have at least 5 and some pretty large ones but these were awesome. Yes. Green but definite potential from their original school chalkboard form. And for $5 I fell in love and then so did Grandma. Just a smidge to late to score lots more for pretty much everyone we know. 

So we needed to get them cleaned up. Mine will go on the large wall in the basement but my mom's is currently hanging in the kitchen and it looks awesome. However they needed a small change...but first why not have these two eager ones help us get them cleaned. They loved it. In fact, I have given them a bucket of soapy water since and they have cleaned some other stuff up for me too. 



Then we added some chalkboard paint - this time the gray stuff. I have made my own and it worked great for this little guy but since these were massive and we needed it to be dark and didn't have any paint on hand to doctor we just bought the can of chalkboard paint. Painted them and cleaned them up and hung it on the wall. Of course, it is filthy now as Ells and Shadd have been drawing away. Its a great place for our memory verse of course and any reminders I need as I still have prego/3 kiddo brain. 



Just a fun, cheap little guy to spruce up a wall. Hope I can score some more sweet deals as we venture up north for our annual Junk Bonanza in the next couple of weeks. Hard to believe this will be our 4th trip.

p.s. here are my thankful thursday's as I didn't get a round to it again. might need to start posting a week in advance.

1. football
2. completed siding
3. time alone
4. 5:15 workouts - thank you Lana
5. ells saying "I love you more", after I said "I love you"
6. my kiddos kisses
7. jolly sage - dubbed jolly by his aunt kels
8. my mom's advice and encouragement and correction (even at 29)
9. family that surrounds us
10. late night chats with my hubby - build a house and you will chat more than ever
11. white kitchen and bathroom cabinets - beautiful. can't wait to see them with doors on
12. all the small stuff that goes unnoticed
13. starbucks frappaccino
14. naptime
15. sage's love for new foods



1 comment: