"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our world is spinning!

Well...we sold our house! What! Yes. We sold our house.  It is a total God thing and huge answer to prayer for this mama who was really really tired of showing it! 

A few weeks back, my entire family was together. We were able to spend some time in prayer for another as there are some pretty large life changes going on. So my mom specifically prayed that we would not show our house to another person other than the buyer. The next week, I got a call from a woman who was moving from Arizona and they were wondering if they could see it without a realtor (Praise the Lord)  on Friday. I said that would work. She looked at it without her husband and with her dad that day and seemed really interested. We thought she was the one! I had a pretty good feeling that Tuesday when she called even. Well...someone else emailed us on Saturday night during the clones game wondering if they could see it Sunday morning. Real convenient, right. We agreed to show it at 10am. They never ever responded - no email, no show, nothing! D and I joked that they were struck down or something. Then we received a couple of emails from the lady who looked at it Friday, regarding utilities, etc. 

Then Friday rolled around and we got an offer! Wahoo! We were super excited. It was a little lower than we expencted. But after a couple of emails we came to agreement! We got the signed purchase agreement and a pre-approval letter. We have the home inspection this Friday and we would close on the house around May 1st. SUPER CRAZY, right? 

We have a new baby ready to enter this world any day and we are gonna pack up and move in with my parents as we begin to build a new home. Are we insane?  I literally ask myself that question each morning. 

Wow. Our God is so amazing, right? In the last three weeks we haven't shown our house to anyone which is incredible because the weather is awesome out and we had been showing it at least a couple times a week. His timing is always perfect too. It will be a challenge to live with my parents - not that they aren't super but its just change. So won't summer/early fall be the perfect time! I love that town during that time of year anyways! Also we have a few weeks at home with this new little one and hopefully I am a little more agile to get packed and ready with an infant rather than a large belly. 

Of course...also a little update on our littlest. Had appointment Monday and due to nap and the kids staying at home with Aunt Em, my blood pressure was normal - it had been pretty high the last couple of visits. Otherwise, they would have possibly induced me. Uck! I am dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced for all the other mamas out there that no the routine. I am getting closer but still no little one yet. This is the week for me if this baby follows suit to the routine Shadd and Ellsyn decided to take.  Today is day 11 from my due date. I have been having lots of contractions but nothing hard or consistent. So we will see. Each day D and I joke that it will be today but I know he is praying for a delivery around Thursday so he can enjoy March Madness in the hospital! If his prayers are as powerful and fervent as my mom's - Thursday will be the day! Although, Ells is the 17th and Shadd is the 18th so the 16th would be more logical. The anticipation is fun and I just can't wait to meet this newest arrival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment