"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Camera project

So lately I have been craving a project for me...and it would have been done like forever ago if i didn't have to waste some of my nap times by showing this house! please someone just buy it!  we just want to move on and start something new!

Well...so I told you that I got a new camera from my awesome parents for Christmas/Birthday. As mine is only 9 days after the big holiday. Well I definitely didn't want an ugly camera bag...No. Something cute but not spend an arm and a leg. So I thought...I'll just see if I can sew one and stubbled upon this awesome tutorial.
See here....www.bluelacehouse.com/2011/05/make-your-own-camera-bag.html




And well I got started...
I got a great bag from oldnavy on clearance - plus my mom bought it so it was essentially free but i think it cost her about $8 or so. So the breakdown...


Bag - $8
Foam - 1 yd as I cut wrong the first time for my bottom piece = $3.50 with coupon
Velcro - had some
Fabric - left over from Ells elephant pillow
Thread - always on hand


So pretty darn cheap and super cute, minus the hand sewing that I had to do. I absolutely hate it! But I needed the practice! Some of the pictures...took with ipad so I could show you with the camera inside. 


Inside the bag...finished product

Another view of the insert

Outside...prior to being stuffed inside the bag


You may be able to see the super cute camera strap I made a few weeks ago too...Just love being able to personalize and make this camera all it can be...Now if only I had time to work on taking better photos. In due time, I guess. I followed this tutorial to make the ruffled cover for my camera strap.  
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/crafts-projects/make-a-ruffled-camera-strap-slipcover.html


It was as always a great use of some scraps! 




No comments:

Post a Comment