"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Christmas Project...scripture bulbs and a peppermint dessert for all our neighbors

So we tried something a little new this year...
a peppermint ice cream dessert for all our neighbors. Check out this blog post to see how...
http://domestic-engineer.com/2011/12/11/christmas-dessert-gift-idea

They turned out great...at least I thought so. But the best part was the tags...
Yes. I finally figured out the print and cut ability on my silhouette so I'm ecstatic about its possibilities. Needless to say I got extra practice as after I was all done I realized that I should have zoomed in to check my spelling of peppermint! Oh well...just another excuse to try it again, right.

I promise I will get better at taking more pictures of all these projects and the steps. I just get so excited I can't remember to photograph the whole process. No excuses with the super great new camera.


Now our second project involved...a Bible, which has fallen a part over the years and some plain ornaments from Michaels - $.60 a piece I believe. We just wanted to give everyone a reminder of why we celebrate this season. Even Ells and Shaddy could do this. Just cut strips of scripture and put into the bulbs. We tied with red ribbon and gave them to our families.






No comments:

Post a Comment