"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

6 years and counting

Last friday - the 29th - was our anniversary (yes - now we get to share it with Prince William & Kate). So as I was laying in bed (sleeping in as our parents had our children), I just started to think about how much our life has changed in only six years of marriage. We have a had two beautiful children, 2 homes, 5 job changes, a new business, a couple surgeries, flipped a couple houses, lots of diy projects (that list is never ending). Just to name a few among many many other things.
1st date - October 13, 1997
I just couldn't help but laugh (also at that crazy young pic of us) as I thought about how our relationship started almost 14 years ago. Just a two young kids going to homecoming together and instead of drifting apart we grew to love one another more than ourselves. I prayed along time ago that the Lord would bring me a best friend - someone who I could share my life with - someone who would love the Lord - someone who would guide me, love me, provide for me, have children with me and grow old with me. And the Lord blessed me beyond what I could even ask or imagine in giving me my best friend many years ago. 

As I recount memories - I could write this blog for hours - maybe not the best use of nap time, uh??  But I do know that I am so glad that you asked me to that dance almost 14 years ago, because I have been the luckiest girl in the world since! Love you babe! Can't wait to see what the Lord has store for us! 

Love You D!

1 comment:

  1. love that post...and your wedding pic is ADORABLE! May you find continued happiness and may God continue to bless you and keep you!!!!

    ReplyDelete