"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter

shadd & hannah talking about their finds
So since I never got any pictures posted of Easter - I thought I would post them quick or I will forget about them. We had an incredible time with our families in Winterset. Shadd seemed to think the egg hunting was the coolest thing yet. He had fun finding "All the eggs - all of them" as he would say very dramatically. In fact at my parents, my dad is a professional when it comes to hiding eggs. We each have a color (yes, even the adults - mine is yellow) and it pretty much took me all afternoon to find my eggs because he says you can see them but so of them take quite the talent to do so. Needless to say - we had a blast hunting down all those eggs.

adam & shadd collecting eggs
look at all those eggs mama

our try for a picture - always one them running off

even ells had fun
One of the best part of Easter Sunday - was a great message from Pastor Scott. He quickly reminded us that we need to be investing in the Kingdom rather than pursuing & investing in the American Dream. He preached on the parable of the rich man - which is one I love and always find myself coming back to when I get caught up in materialism or just in earthly things that have no value for my ultimate future in heaven. What a great encouragement for me to remember my job here on earth is to form relationships, share the good news, and glorify HIM! Nothing more - He isn't going to measure my success or rewards by my paycheck (which is 0) or how my house was decorated. Rather He will judge my attitude, my humility, my gentleness & patience toward my children, my joy, my generosity, & my hospitality. That is what I need to remember and pursue as I spend my days here on this earth.

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed to hear today...God used you to speak to me and change my heart...I was having a grumpy sort of day. YOur new neice is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete