"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sweet Moments

So after a day of full sun - what a better way to relax and enjoy some one on one time with Shadd than watching a movie. Since dad is gone we rented the movie "Tangled". I have been dying to see it so I thought what a better way than to hang out with my little guy and watch it together. Ells went to bed early due to a pretty rough day to say the least. So Shadd and I spent the last few hours of our day snuggled up under a couple blankets in the freezing cold basement watching the flick.

He loves watching movies and spends the wee hours of the mornings catching bits and pieces (due to the fact that prior to 6 am - mommy is not functioning) but very rarely does he get to sit and watch a entire movie - let alone with mommy all to himself. As we finished the movie the credits rolled to some good ole dancing tunes so we spent some time dancing and snuggling in the chair. Then we read some stories and prayed for daddy & uncle justin (he is golfing this week).

It was just a sweet moment that left me on a high note for the night. What a precious child the Lord has entrusted to me! Don't take any moment for granted. Cherish their every thought and action (regardless of the outcome. Children are special! Makes me thankful I am a mommy, especially to my sweet little boy! He deserves my very best! That is what I am called to do - give Him and them my very best!

Thank you Shaddy for reminding me how special you are - not that I forgot, but sometimes life just gets in the way!

1 comment:

  1. Well said....Great reminder to cherish all the good and bad!

    ReplyDelete