"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, September 26, 2014

Potty Training



I mean have a baby and potty train a child...why not, right? 

Well lets just say I should have attempted when I was prego instead I think. 

Somedays I'm all in and we have definitely had some success and other days - well I just say go ahead and pee in your pull up. I mean I didn't even use those things with the other two. 

I was chatting with another mom of four today about how our standards in things like potty training just seem to lax a bit. Its just that we know they will get it and if it takes a bit longer who cares. 



Well the days of staying in the kitchen are over. I mean how do you keep a 2 year old in the kitchen with a busy body 4 year old and an infant.  So we have accidents sometimes - like brown logs on white striped rugs kinda accidents and puddles at the library kinda accidents but I got a sweet little helper and a great encourager (ells) and an eager little guy who likes to say he is pooping when he is actually peeing and vice versa.


Sager likes to stand and aim into the small potty which makes more messes for me but if success is what we are after well by all means - go for it little dude. We have a sticker chart and some ice cream treats but really just taking it day by day.  And sometimes just wearing a diaper and just relaxing.

As of now definitely not potty trained but by next year he will be. And I am perfectly okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. The third is so different! I have been the same way....you will get it sometime. I think Caleb got it this past week completely! I remember stressing trying to potty train Andie....I love having a little more perspective going through these stages with the younger ones!

    ReplyDelete