"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Florida Part 3

Hoping to wrap up the posts with this one...because well more and more things are happening around here. Well kinda. If it would just stop raining. We have big plans for the outside of our house and a playhouse etc. We just need it to dry up and stay dry for like 4 days. Anyways.

So wednesday - Uncle J played in the morning. We hung out around the place. Watching movies, Sager napped and we played golf across the yard. So so awesome to have a green across the street. I think it might be in the future landscape plan.





Then we got to have the team over for dinner as we waited to see if they would make the cut. They did which was awesome. Of course, Uncle J got roped into a few games.




Then thursday. They golfed early again so this time I headed to a state park - reviews said it had an awesome playscape, trails, and of course the beach. It did have a park but it only kept our attention for about twenty minutes or so. I forgot my ergo so we didn't attempt the trail through the sand. But the beach was beautiful. Overcast. Early. Not busy. Perfect!

Then later we all headed back to the beach. Still amazing. However I forgot my good camera due to a last minute run to the outlet mall - I mean this mama needed a little me time right? Oh well still fun.



D thinks I should send this one in to UnderArmor


She had help but she can write the first part of her name

This one loved wrecking sandcastles - He loved the gulf
Then came Friday. We had to be out of our place by 10. We thankfully could check into the hotel early but still I kinda felt like a single mom with no place to crash. Of course, no one napped that day until we picked up Dad at the course. They closed the playplace at McDonalds due to a preschool. We did get to walk the pier and see the biggest grouper at a whopping 96lbs at Bass Pro, however. And Cinderella was showing on Disney Jr. so that was a lifesaver. Plus we got to enjoy the heated pool and hot tub with Dad later. He did however, take his phone in with him so that was another whoops for the trip. Rice does help but not a total saver.


The team placed 12th out of 41 and Uncle J got 25th (I think). We are so so proud.

Then the real adventure started. We headed home around 6:30 am Saturday. I had stumbled across a sale going on at one of the blogs (the handmade home) I follow house's on this Saturday in Montgomery Al. Crazy. We will go right through there. So we stopped. It had rained and we missed the start. But I still scored this little picture box. I hope I can find a place for it soon. My little souvenir for the trip. Of course, my hubs was just laughing and making fun of me but if we would have had more time I would have headed over to another blogger I follow's shop. Maybe next time.


Needless to say we had a great time. D pushed through and the kids did awesome and we drove it straight through getting home at 3am. So yes. We drove from Florida to Iowa in a day. Awesome country we live in. Open roads and a whole lot of personality.




No comments:

Post a Comment