"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Yes. I know its Saturday. Whoops.

Well it snowed this Thursday - so a tough day to write a thankful post with snow in May but I spent the entire day trying to be grateful for it. It wasn't easy as it followed a beautiful weekend and couple of days. I mean we had swim suits on and the slip and slide almost broke out either monday or tuesday. But the more I thought about it what a wonderful display of God's power and sovereignty. He can make it snow any time He wants. Wow. What an amazing feat to pour snow out after a few days of 70 degree temperatures. Sometimes I wonder if He is just up in Heaven chuckling as He says, "I wonder what they will say today."

Well this thursday and friday - I chose to say, thank you Lord for making snow. For a reminder of your power, your ability & the glory of seasons and how lucky we are to experience all four.

1. snow - the beautiful white, thick blanket
2. the joy snow brings to my kids faces - they lit up when they saw it falling and covering the ground
3. the closeness of my family - attending birthday parties, growing up with cousins, etc. love it.
4. golf - i treasure that the Lord let me slow down to learn to play. now i can enjoy something my hubs loves to do plus watch uncle j compete
5. sage's dance moves - bouncing feet and spinning circles
6. ells after nap snuggles
7. shaddy - he handles the responsibility of being the oldest so well. i have the best oldest son. he watches sage while i shower, gets me things, helps ells with stuff, plays with his siblings - sometimes i don't know how i'll manage without him when he goes to school.
8. flexible schedules
9. long long runs - thankful my body makes it through them and that i get to spend quiet time to myself

Great new song...maybe its not new but I love it.
Your Great Name by Natalie Grant.


1 comment:

  1. That song is one of our worship teams favorites ;). I totally agree on gods power, I said the same thing to Scott....I think He is trying to get our attention :)

    ReplyDelete