"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

So I should totally be in bed right now or at least heading that way but well sometimes I just have a million maybe a jillion thoughts running through my head so well why not blog about it uh? oh if i really had the time my ramblings wouldn't just be on Thursdays thats for sure. Instead I spend the rest of the week or at least a few days trying to document my kiddos lives like a living breathing scrapbook trying to soak up all the memories I have of my little ones because I know it wont be long til they are old and not under my constant care and guidance.

Well tomorrow is a big day for me...annual JB in Minnesota. I know, I know. A usual fall thing but this is the first ever spring one so we are going for it, hoping to be wowed with treasure from a spring perspective rather than the fall gourd and pumpkin thing. Fingers crossed it will be a blast. Well it can't be bust as I'm going with two of my besties and they are always a blast. Just the road trip 8 hours up and back without kiddos is kinda like a slice of mommy heaven really. Of course add some coffee, ikea and junk. Couldn't be more of a recipe for success. Plus the hubs even came home tonite from redbox with some cold hard cash. Holler.

Okay. Sorry its late and this momma is just so excited, she may have trouble sleeping. I doubt it but hey. So much to be thankful for...love reading my devotional 1000 gifts plus totally coinciding with Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning, another great read (thank you mom). I could just go on and on with quote after quote from each book but that would take time and effort and well I'm just rambling. But what is evidence of trust in God - a thankful heart. How could we not live a life of thanksgiving to the One who created us. His intricate design of this world is amazing and awe inspiring.

Just stop and take notice of all the little things. Its amazing what will catch your eye.

1. Wild Kratts - I love how that show talks about creature powers. Amazing how God created each creature with a special power or characteristic to protect itself, interact, mate, etc. How could we ever question a Creator?

2. the new birds nest outside on our deck - nestled up above the speakers. nice and dry. creating a soft heart in our daddy - he's letting it remain.

3. kiddo piles - you know where all the kiddos dog pile on top of me.

4. new games - love for learning, friendly competition and family time together

5. a day with friends - we spent the day with our forever friends. divine intervention in giving us the j's.

6. Sage's love for climbing - so far nothing but a bloody lip

7. Free clothes - thanks aunt k for making a special trip over to bring the traveling garage sale. Ells sported new jammies and a new outfit today.

8. How loved our kiddos are...we get a grand showing at every birthday. They are flooded with cards and calls on their birthdays and they are loved and cherished beyond my imagination.

9. A day of junk and favorites - only the hubs would be so gracious.

10. A glimpse into each of my kiddos hearts. Eyes of wonder and intrigue over small things and big ideas.

Thank you Lord. Continue to teach me to be first and foremost grateful for all that you are and all that you do.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment