"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, April 26, 2013

A trip to the farm

My grandparents are moving into town. My grandpa turns eighty in the next few weeks and my grandma finally got him to move into town. Wow is all I can say. He's been doing the snow bird thing for plenty of years now leaving for Texas after harvest and coming home in time to file taxes, but I really never thought I would see him move in town.

Thankfully the farm where I spent a week each summer of pretty much my entire childhood and love so so dearly stays in the family. In fact, my cousin is moving into the house. I doubt too much will change but it was sad to see things moved out when we visited this last weekend.




sage did try to feed grandpa too, thankfully he didn't try and eat the oats for once


We don't get there nearly enough but my kids thoroughly enjoy each trip. More and more now that they are a bit older. This time they each took a spin with Grandpa on Royal, the horse. A pretend drive in the tractor (a favorite since Shaddy's been a babe) and they got to feed my cousin E's bottle lambs for her. That was a treat.






Funny story...all my kiddos think Uncle R is my Dad at some point. Sage went right too him til he noticed Papa Tim across the stall. Then he wanted Papa. With Ells she wouldn't let Uncle R put her down til later. They must look a bit alike I guess.  


Plus my grandma sent me home with some treats. Like a chair that has been hers since she was a little girl (I'm not sure where it will go but I will find her a home somewhere in our house) and a large barn board for my new coat rack in our entry.

All in all I could have probably just skipped JB and headed up to their house.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found some treasures! And JB is too much fun...at least to get to have some conversations that aren't interrupted with talking to children for a few hours at least. :)

    ReplyDelete