"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I totally have a day/night to my own today. Not literally as I had all three kiddos all day from dawn till dusk and again tomorrow as my hubby enjoys the night in KC watching the Big 12 tourney but still a night to just chill and get caught up on some much needed stuff that seems to be hard to tackle when the hubs is upstairs wanting to hang out.

So thankful thursday....

Have I ever said how great these are to read even a few weeks back. Someday I think I will really cherish this little weekly reminder of all the small blessings I get to consider and rehash each week.

1. adoption
2. old friends, catching up never gets old
3. snuggling newborns - I got to hold 3 today. I guess the advantage of taking a few meals to fellow mommas
4. my nieces
5. Sager's funny noises - grunting, rumbling, roaring
6. Ells successful week on the potty - so far no accidents.
7. Shadd's detailed instructions - definitely numero uno around here
8. ISU victory, squeaked it out
9. extra breast milk - got to donate to friend's new little one
10. amazon prime - i will miss it after this 30 day trial (i think we get a package each day)
11. library books
12. spring weather - sweatshirts today. wahoo!

Our bible verse this week... Matthew 5:16

"Let your light shine before men so that they will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"

Praying that the light of Jesus shines so radiantly in us that all may see that it is Him that we live for and therefore others will seek to know and glorify Him too. I love that verse.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'm sure you have read this book or heard of it, but it's called 1,000 gifts by Ann Voskamp - I read it on maternity leave and even have the app on my phone where you can enter in the items you are thankful for. I never really put it into perspective as to how naming my gifts gives glory to God, but wow, how it does. And way to go on Ells this week! I wish we could say the same - I feel like we are digressing. Not sure what to do.

    ReplyDelete