"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

So I started a new book..."The pressure's off" by Dr. Larry Crabb for our new tuesday study. So far I can't put it down. I read the whole assignment and had to stop (one I can't read ahead and remember and two I have about 20 questions to answer in the workbook for study in two weeks due to spring break).

Anyways. Talk about telling me like it is. Its kinda tough to explain but if you feel like sometime you just go through the motions to go thru the motions. Well this might be a good read for you.  It will definitely alter your view on Christianity and how we have been fooled to live the "christian" life with unreasonable, unattainable expectations that were never placed there by God but by us and the schemes of the evil one.

Lets just say I'm diving in and hoping it will change my perspective of how I view my relationship with the Almighty and therefore every other thing I do here on this earth.

So Thankful Thursday

1. Shaddy's tender heart - I thank the Lord for prompting him and opening his eyes to the gospel

We had a great conversation yesterday during school. We were reading the Jesus storybook Bible (highly recommend). The story was Pentecost (where the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in Jesus's disciples). I mentioned that Daddy and Mommy have the Holy Spirit living within them too. Of course, He chimmed in that the Holy Spirit lives in his heart too. I asked him if he knew what the meant and we discussed the point of Jesus's (the Rescurer) death as a penalty for our sin. He nodded in agreement and then we went on into discussing that he is a sinner - He agreed and gave me some examples of his sin.

I am just in awe of how simple grace is yet we make it so much more. Its a child like faith. One that Shaddy may not fully understand but I believe he has a desire to know the Lord. To know about Him and about His word and the power it holds. I can only thank the Lord for working in his heart to prompt him to love and grow to know the Lord more and more.

Thank you Lord for that. What an amazing free gift of grace - you lavish on us. The much undeserved.

2. Being 20 minutes away from Winterset
3. Shopping trips with my momma
4. The fun grandma makes. Like going thru the carwash not once but twice. Two separate cars though
5. The possibiliity of friends moving our way. A town is the place to be
6. Missionaries around the world
7. New Books
8. Sage's new growling sound
9. All the new games we create - thank you winter
10. Ells seems to have less and less accidents


I want to be thankful for the good and the bad. I want my perspective to be eternal and not to ever reflect that something I have done has been the cause and therefore effect of anything I have done. Its not because of what I do that causes the Lord's blessing. He chooses to bless me because he loves me. But he life happens, sin happens and it isn't because He loves me less but ultimately that there is an eternal plan for whatever life brings my way. It won't always be pretty and most of the time its really really ugly - but I am made perfect in Him and that is the glory of it all. Praise the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. Great conversation with Shadd!! what a great example and challenge for us all to have faith like a child! Love staying up with the Livingston's on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete