"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, March 4, 2013

Projects

So who says there aren't projects when you move to a new house. Well they are crazy. I have a laundry list about a mile long and this weather makes it hard to accomplish most of them. One because it is so much easier to sit for hours and watch Downton Abbey. Side note - we have watched all three seasons now in order. It only took us about a week and a half. Maybe that explains D's sickness. Probably way too tired from pulling late nights. Oh well. Totally worth it.

Anyways...I started working on a gallery wall in the basement. I have lots of furniture that needs repainting and reupholstered but this was a simple project that I could at least get started. I used only old frames I already had laying around. Spray painting white. I'm thinking about incorporating some color but we have yellow going on upstairs so was leaning towards turquoise and orange in the basement. Thoughts?


Here is a little teaser. I'm patiently waiting some spring garage sales and JB in April to complete the look with some fun junky letters and a few more crazy vintage frames. Then to find some great photos of my kiddos to adorn the area.


I thought this little pic was somewhat comical. A little fun bean bag action. Best scrap user gift ever if you have some leftover scraps of fabric. My kids play with ours all the time. 

Of course, I need to get going on Ells bedroom. I have all the fabric for the window seat cover, the curtains, and little rocking chair I scored for $1 at a sale and all the pillows a girl must have adorning her big girl bedroom.

I'm chipping away at the mudroom. I just need to find the right fabric to cover the bins for our shoes. I did make a pretty sweet ballard design knock off pin board though (i will try to remember to get the pic off my phone)

Slowly the house is starting to take shape. However not a quick as my little brain would like. But its tough to make it look like a home when you want it to evolve with you. And that my friends takes time. 

P.S. Just posting to suffice those of you who want to know what I'm up to...uhm Erin, this post is for you. 

2 comments:

  1. You know me so well it is scary....and yes please I want to see the rest.....love turquoise and orange too.....love it! Miss you, dang colds :(. We must meet up to garage sale soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise sounds like a great way to bring brightness into a basement! Oh DA...I too have wasted many nap-times watching that show and spring garage sale season...eekk...I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete