"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Christmas Crunch

Do you feel it? Well I do. Its that kinda overwhelming feeling that you have way too many things to do that you may not be able to just sit back and soak up the small moments of celebration and joy.

Well as much as we have done to prepare ahead of time this year the month of December just seems to fly by. We (I) have really been trying to be here in the present and relish the moments but its tough.

So far to celebrate we have done a few things off our bucket list. We have done quite a few Christmas crafts and coloring sheets. We even used some old Christmas cards to set up a little card writing center. Something about making cards for other people kept them occupied for a few hours. Of course, I can't throw any away so they've been siting on my counter ever since, sigh. We also bundled up and drove around to check out the lights. Always a favorite of mine so a tradition that didn't get as much hype as I had hoped but still we had fun for about 20 minutes or so.


Our favorite...dubbed the gingerbread house


Another fun craft was decorating Christmas trees. Instead of sugar cookies (which my mother-in-law is famous for) so its a no can do thing around here, we frosted and decorated sugar cones. A pinterest idea that made my day or at least morning. Easy peasy plus fun.





Now snow globes are what they would like to attempt tomorrow. I found some tutorials on pinterest but I have seen some blog posts and say it didn't work out so hot so we may give it a shot but I don't have high expectations.

Today though...we baked bread. Yep. 12 loaves. My sister was here and we were the two little red hens - only no one got to eat the bread other than our lucky neighbors. We had a ton of fun. But at four loaves at a time and letting them rise in between it took pretty much are whole afternoon but fun no the less. We even got to use our crafty side and design, print and cut labels. A favorite for both of us.



We had extra hands, of course. Can I please have a snack???



And then everyone went out for deliveries. Check out this set up. Nice. Bread on the back bumper. I don't think so.


I am hoping I get to blog more this week but if we get the estimated snow I will definitely be out there rolling around and enjoying a white Christmas. I hope you do too.

p.s. I finally just uploaded over 1500 photos from my phone to my computer so I may be posting some oldies.

No comments:

Post a Comment