"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

So today I am tackling serious potty training with Ells. You know like undivided attention to her. In fact, I took one bloggers advice and shipped Shadd off to Grandma Darcy's and Sage has been spending some time with Frama. So Ells and I have spent the morning - drinking juice, Gatorade, 7up and eating snacks to get her to pee on the potty. So far 2 out of the 3 successes. Yeah! Any other mommies know how exciting this is. We are going hard core today because we have plans tomorrow but there is no going back. Of course, I will have tons of pictures of the ridiculousness of it all but I just thought I would give you a preface of the day prior to my thankful Thursday randoms (as it will be somewhat reflective).

1. Prayer - It really does work! I have lots of friends praying for me today and it is working!
2. Our building team - all the help and insight, couldn't do it without all of you!
3. Chick-Fil-A, especially cookies
4. Fountain drinks
5. Tuesday morning bible study
6. The power of a testimony
7. Pandora Radio - my newest addiction
8. A successful trip with all 3 to the mall - thanks to Sarah and the girls for all the extra help we survived.
9. Our families - willingness to answer and congratulate Ells when she calls to tell them she just went pee on the potty
10. My hubby's need for approval - like on his new running shoes! Love you!
11. Seeing progress at the house
12. New neighbors
13. The sacrifices some of our friends are making as they head out to the mission field.
14. God's spirit lives in me - Wow!
15. Rain, even in small doses
16. Friends - to meet us whenever and wherever
17. Internet (recipes that are packed away, music, games, etc)
18. Precious 1 on 1 time with Ells
19. Ability to run errands with my mom
20. Free library movies - as D says, " They even have good adult ones. We should just work are way through them." I guess thats how we will be spending our weekends well maybe after the Olympics.

On that note...who is excited about the Olympics. We are. If we had a house of our own. We would definitely be hosting a party. Well I guess maybe in 4 years we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment