"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Shaddy

I can hardly believe that my little boy turned 4 this morning. I can remember almost all the details of his 6:03am birth and I'm pretty sure I got just about the same amount of sleep last night. D is out of town and the oldest two are fighting a terrible cough so needless to say I was up most of the night due to the extra bodies in my bed and concern for them.

But I guess I traded those sleep filled nights in long ago. Yes. There are glimpses of sleep filled nights here and there but overall the sacrifice is worth it! Definitely worth it. Just for I love you's, the kisses and hugs, etc.

So just to recap this little dude has transformed into a little man this last year. I mean he has learned to write his name, all his letters and their sounds, some sight words, numbers up to 20, how to ride a bike & scooter, among a ton of other things.

These pictures just take me back to a quick year in review...






























What a big boy, when he started out like this...


Wow. To think this little guy made me a mommy. The best job I have ever had. The other day someone asked me long I had been at home and I proudly answered four years - more years than I worked. What an honor. Can't thank the Lord and my hubby enough for giving me that blessing!

To celebrate his big day with daddy away we snuck off to Indianola for lunch and a movie. just the two of us. even though he doesn't feel super we still had fun!! Taking pics in the movies is tough and slightly frowned upon so this is as good as we can get. 




Kinda crunched for time so hoping tomorrow's thankful thursday is a Shadd edition. Happy 4th Birthday my sweet boy! So proud of the little man you are becoming and Dad and I know that the Lord has big things in store for you. Keep hiding His word in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment