"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Potty training update...



So I am just about fed up with cleaning up pee from around my parents. I mean we have tried to stay outside as much as possible but with a 2 month old it is nearly impossible. Way too hot even though it really isn't too hot. You know.

drinking juice - her favorite! 

After only one success in 3 days and a lot of time spent on the potty chair - we went back to pull ups with potty breaks every 30 minutes or so throughout the day - at least when I remember to set the timer. She's getting close but Ells still hasn't made the connection that you need to sit on the potty before it starts to come out. No. Usually she just screams bloody murder "i pee or poopy (even when its just pee)" and runs toward me. Which would be an American's Funniest Video winner for sure. I'll do my best to describe it. Just imagine someone screaming as they run through a puddle on a slippery floor. Very comical to a onlooker I'm sure but to me - A Mess!

In due time I think she'll get it - at least my mom continues to remind me that. However, after mopping pretty much the whole house the past few days, I went to plastic undies this morning. That's a joke. I mean really - didn't hold in the potty and what it did was sure messy when you pull them down. Duh!

Even got to watch Tangled on the potty - dad's tactic to get catch her. She had an accident the moment he blinked he said. Gotta watch her like a hawk. 

So we will get it I'm sure. At least I pray we do for Ells sake and my sanity.

Side note...don't leave an underwearless girl and little boy outside for too long. I thought they were awfully quiet only to peek out the sliders to see two naked butts parading around on the trampoline. Of course, I told them that they could go to jail for indecent exposure and Shadd is now really scared of the police. Terrible I know, but what parent doesn't through out those kinda threats once in awhile.

The setup...

Sporting the undies - even outside

Thank goodness - not much action in the alley

1 comment: