"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, September 22, 2011

School

So we started school a couple of weeks ago and Shadd (and I) are really enjoying it. I am just amazed at how much is little brain is soaking up. We have concentrated on the letters L and T and now whenever we are out and about he is telling me the letters that he sees around us. He is awesome at his memory verses (it usually only takes a day or so to memorize). Now if only that worked for me. Well at least I am memorizing his as well as mine. 

Mommy is getting a lot more patient as we are practicing cutting with scissors and writing letters. I am kind of a perfectionist (for those of you who don't know that) and it is a little difficult for me to let go of the control of the pencil and the scissors. But I am learning too. 

So far Shadd really enjoys it and Ells loves when we read stories and dance and sing our song of the week. She loves the crafts and she always wants to be up at the table coloring or something while we are working.
I'll do my best to continue to post updates as we progress into other letters, shapes, colors and sight words. So far I am just amazed at how smart he already is!

Practice Cutting


Color Wonder Markers and Paper - best invention ever for Ells

Our bulletin board - it needs so help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment