"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, September 19, 2011

Junk Bonanza

So this past couple of days I got to have a weekend away with a couple of my good friends. Each year (this is our 3rd) we go to Junk Bonanza up in Minneapolis. It is always a blast and we typically get some great ideas and come home with some great necessary and unnecessary items. As I still have a red serving table at my mom's house waiting for me to get a larger house in order to utilize it. I still love it though.

Since we are planning to move - I went pretty low key just purchasing a frame, some letters for a project idea I stole last year (pic below) and an awesome spoon a friend of my mom's will use to make into a necklace for me.  My two buddies scored some great finds like some lights, baskets, etc. We just didn't make any big furniture purchases like we have in the past.



Of course, since we were in Minneapolis we hit the outlet mall (which Ellsyn will thank me as she had only a few fall clothes), Ikea, and a great fabric store.

We had a blast while my kids enjoyed the couple of days at Grandma's house. In fact, as they were leaving Shadd made sure to tell me, "Mom, you can't come with us. We are going by ourselves." I guess Grandma's house is better and more fun when I'm not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment