"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update on our littlest

So I am officially 33 weeks, I believe. Sometimes it is just a big blur. Well...we had an another ultrasound this past Thursday and everything looked good. We have never had a late ultrasound just usually the normal 20 wk one but this little one's kidneys are a bit dilated so they needed to be checked out a bit. We were hoping they would look great this time around but they were still a little dilated. Fairly normal these days, I guess but they were supposed to give us a call with the plan from here on out but still haven't heard anything. We will just continue to pray that this little one is healthy once he/she arrives.

Of course, we got some more detailed pictures which just makes us more and more excited to meet this new little one. Daddy thinks this little one is a boy because he/she looks like Shaddy did as a baby. After doing a little comparing to baby pictures - I think this little one looks like both Shadd and Ells. So I guess only time will tell what sex this little one is. I guess for now, only God knows.  A phrase that seems to suffice Shaddy for now.



As far as the pregnancy goes. I am feeling good. Big but good. This little one is extremely active and tends to love it when I hold my arms across my belly and when I am reading stories to Ells and Shadd at naptime and nightime especially. Still getting pretty decent sleep at night and no really crazy cravings - although i have been known to drink almost an entire pitcher of OJ or whip up brownies from scratch due to a need for chocolate. Crazy I know.

I know we are just getting more and more ready for this one to arrive. I monogramed a couple of onsies Friday and made Ells a big sister shirt (Shaddy already has a couple). I would share pictures but then you might be able to guess this little one's name. So the final reveal will be on delivery day.

Thankfully, we have gotten our taste of newborns in the last couple of months with the birth of our niece Shaye in late December and our new nephew, Micah, born last week. This little one regardless of his/her gender will be blessed with lots of loving cousins. What a blessing!


2 comments:

  1. Praying for perfect kidneys! Look at those cheeks, already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...those cheeks are precious.

    ReplyDelete