"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, February 20, 2012

My little man

I am just amazed at how quickly my oldest is growing up. Lately, he has just amazed me with some of the things he has done and said. He has always been the nurturing type - always looking after Ellsyn and helping her. So the other day after nap I heard the two of them talking and coming down the stairs. When I went to meet them they were sliding down the stairs holding hands. Of course, I made them do it again to get it on camera. 



He has also been spending a few days a week without napping. However, sometimes this mommy (especially being oh so prego) needs a nap. The other day he just snuggled in my bed and watched a movie while I took a nap. Now I am by no means saying he is perfect as today I fell asleep before he did and woke to him and Ells 45 minutes later playing in there room. Not sure how she woke up so soon. Hopefully, he won't ever do that again. 1:15 wake up made for a really long afternoon. We did get all these puzzles put together one afternoon. And the earlier bedtime is nothing to complain about as he is exhausted by the end of the day. 


A couple other random tidbits about this little boy that I don't want to forget so I guess you get to hear about them too. He got to stay at grandma's this last week due to our trip up north. Well when we had to leave, my mom said she was sad to see them go and would see them soon. Shadd's response, " It's alright grandma...don't worry. we'll be back soon."  His sensitive sweet soul will melt some lucky girl's heart someday and until then I guess he will just have to melt mine.

He's been throwing lots of random funny things lately but the only one I can think of other than some pretty serious heartfelt prayers that are especially funny to  Dad as he isn't quite sure where they are coming from is the other night...we were putting on lotion and getting pjs on, when I discovered some dry patches on his skin. I kinda freaked as they were ring like so I called D in to examine the possible ringworm. We decided to try some cream and examine them in the morning. So the next morning, Shaddy takes off his shirt and says, " look mom, the caterpillars are gone."


My little guy isn't so little anymore and I know once this new addition arrives I will have the best helper on the block plus I will realize once again how big Shaddy is really getting! 

1 comment:

  1. Bittersweet...They aren't so little anymore. It's neat to see the gifts and talents that the Lord is equipping them with at this young age. Oh buddy...stop growing up!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete