"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DIY - Patio Furniture

So I am super cheap and picky and since we have this beautiful, new stamped concrete patio this year. We needed some comfy furniture to adorn it at least what space is left after the grill, pool, slide, water table and multiple cars take their place. So I found this rocker along with a couple of other pieces last year at a garage sale - however derrick broke one of the pieces trying to repair it and my parents were housing the lounger and they decided to toss it. Well i just hope they don't toss a couple of other items they are currently storing for me. Lets just say I didn't come home from Junk Bonanza empty handed last year. 

So I purchased the rocker and 2 other pieces which I no longer have for $15. But can I make some cushions for it! Of course I can. With the encouragement of my mom of course. I am a big self-doubter, but these turned out great. Got the fabric from Joanns half off so about $10 a yard and used some old foam and pillows to stuff. And wala...





Here is my score of a swinging bench - $20 at a sweet little shop in Winterset - Teddy Bear Turnaround. Still need to paint it but I am doing a little research on this new stuff called chalk paint by annie sloan - all the decorating blogs are talking about it. Especially one of my favorites.  Perfectly Imperfect. Oh yes - never and I mean never throw away pillows...at least if you are getting rid of some give them to me. They are the easiest thing to recover out there! 


The long skinny pillow is probably a little long but I guess I just got carried away! 


Lastly - got have some fun flowers. I love gerber daisy and always splurge on some for the deck. Which I should have posted a before and after of that project last year. Lets just say it was a lot of work - not to all never ever paint a deck. The owner before us did and it was the biggest chore ever to get it all sanded to stain but my hubbys the best and he did a terrific job. All in all this backyard is looking better and better. Now if only our storage box could all the toys.

1 comment: