"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chose JOY today

What a day? Yeah. I know its not even close to over yet. Well I could easily use this whole post to rant regarding internet/cable companies and how I nearly spent 2 days worth of my time to literally stay with what we currently have for about the same price. If only they would have done that for us 3 days ago uh?

Well enough said. So I was having a little pity party for myself when I started to look at my Samaritan Ministries Newsletter (another blog post) but a huge blessing and if you are in need of something terrific for an alternative to health care this is the ticket. And I was taken to Psalm 30 when I read of a man who recently lost his wife to Alzheimers.


 I will exalt you, LORD, 
   for you lifted me out of the depths 
   and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 
2 LORD my God, I called to you for help, 
   and you healed me. 
3 You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
   you spared me from going down to the pit.
 4 Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people;
   praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
   but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
   but rejoicing comes in the morning.
 6 When I felt secure, I said,
   “I will never be shaken.”
7 LORD, when you favored me,
   you made my royal mountain[c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
   I was dismayed.
 8 To you, LORD, I called;
   to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 “What is gained if I am silenced,
   if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
   Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me;
   LORD, be my help.”
 11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
   you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
   LORD my God, I will praise you forever.


Its fairly short so I thought I would include it. It just was a great reminder of why I am on this earth. To glorify HIM. Was I glorifying in all my phone conversations?- NO!

Yet this is just a small nothing in this life compared to what I could be battling. Yesterday, my hubby had a headache. Something many of you know we used to deal with quite a bit. For one night it brought me back to a few months prior when I was virtually handicapped after knee surgery and he came home from work with the worst one ever. I just remember calling my brother and watching him do everything for me as I couldn't stand with Ellsyn or anything.  It was a moment where I thought the Lord was going to take my husband. We were trying everything 3 different neurologists, chiropractors, acupuncture (real needles). However, a miracle through a chiropractor minutes from our house has literally saved our lives. I guess I just needed a little perspective adjustment and God usually uses His word to do just that!

So as I am typing this blog - I have chose to restart my day - with JOY! Turning my whining into dancing and asking the Holy Spirit to clothe me with exactly that JOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment