"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Our first spill of many...but I hope not


This little princess is far from a princess. He is a dare devil. Jumping furniture, taking risks. He is the crazy one.

Last wednesday...it had been a rough day. Finally reading stories prior to nap and we were all sitting on the couch. Sage turns around, loses his balance and falls backwards onto the coffee table. He cries of course. Thinking he just bumped his head I comfort him only to find a hand full of blood. Dang heads bleed a ton. I panic. Of course. Rush to the kitchen. Yell for Shadd to call Dad. Of course, he doesn't know how but hands me the phone. He can barely hear me I am sure. Finally I get the bleeding to subside and examine.

Call some nurse friends. Call D. Try to figure out what to do. Decide to take him in. He gets three staples while I hold him down on my lap. One sweaty, but relieved prego lady with two bigs who sit patiently in the waiting room like champs. I was so proud of them. Almost even teared up when Shadd put his arm around Ells to lead her back to the waiting room with the nurse while he got the staples.

Sager did great. He was actually more mad that he was missing the show in the waiting room. But he is one strong little dude and he surprised the nurse and doctor with his strength.

He hasn't complained and it looks like it will heal great. Just made me extremely thankful it was such a small incident and that I don't have to do that hospital, clinic thing on a regular basis. Praise the Lord for my healthy, resilient little ones.

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....this could have easily been written about Caleb! Those crazy third children! Glad Sage is doing well! We will be in the ER sometime in Caleb's life too I am sure!

    ReplyDelete