"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby #4

We had our first doctor's appointment last Friday.

We got a sneak peak at the baby. 

I was 12 weeks and 1 day at the appointment and measuring a little bigger (surprise surprise) 

My due date is officially August 7th but praying this baby follows suit with big brother and big sis and not in the footsteps of BIG Sage (all 10lbs 9oz). 

Planning on doing a VBAC so I am really excited about that - however we will have to play it by ear as we get closer to the date because if this baby gets too big they can't induce me and we will have to schedule a c-section. I have wrapped my head around all the possibilities and to be honest I think I have experienced the whole gamut when it comes to childbirth. Nothing is predictable so we will just roll with the punches as they come our way. 

Till then we saw two hands, two feet, a body and head. Not much more on this ultrasound of course but he/she was an active little thing in there just jogging along. The ultrasound tech was impressed by the energy this one held. Heart rate was 167 so going strong. All was good and all my blood work looked great too. My platelet levels were even okay believe it or not. 

All in all - things look great! 
So relieved to hear the heart rate and see the little bean growing! Always amazes me. 

Here is a little sneak peak! 

Not the best picture but the head is on the right and body on the left if that helps. He or she was lying face up for these pictures and no profile pic given this time around. 

2 comments:

  1. So awesome to see a BABY growing!! I am always amazed at how formed they are at 12 weeks. Just amazing. Will be praying for a successful VBAC for you...that baby comes a few days early and is small/normal size :) I know I struggled with (read - was impatient) having an end time for natural delivery to be available with no induction as an option but I pray baby will cooperate as the boys both did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. praying that also. thanks for all the encouragment. glad to hear the coffee filter snowflakes were a hit at your house too! miss you!

      Delete