"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The big man is 5

I am officially in full slacker summer mode. I mean I had every intention of spending naptime today getting some updates ready but well family nap time just happened not once but twice this weekend. What?

Nothing better than resting. A quiet still house. Amazing.


Anywho. Big week last week. Last Thursday was Shadd's birthday. My biggest little guy turned 5. Where oh where has the time gone. The day just brings back floods of memories about his birth, pregnancy, crazy things I did, his moments, his attritbutes and phases. Just makes you kinda giddy inside. What a joy a child can bring? Moments and memories you want to bottle and bring back when you are upset or frustrated with the latest phase or moment you are tackling.






We had a fun filled day. Presents from the fam in the morning. Along with the poached eggs with candles. We had just had pancakes the morning before but Shaddy whipped out the candles so we sang and did the blew them out.



Then a whole day with his bestie.  They played in the morning and I did my best to distract Ells so they could play alone. Then I took the two boys to "Turbo". It started out a bit slow but finally picked up. Plus could they play anymore previews. I mean I was bored and my attention span should be longer than two 5 year olds, right. Oh so thankful for treats and popcorn.




Then we capped the day off with the slip and slide and squirt guns outside.

Somehow Shadd talked Dad into making pancakes for supper and then we went to play at the new pool in town. Then on to test out some new legos with Dad.


Perfection, really.


Oh Shaddy...

Kinda hard for this momma to believe you are actually 5. So so thankful I have you home all day with me one more year. You are such a gift from God. Ours to teach, mold and grow but ultimately His to use for His glory. I pray that you continue to know Him, to see Him and love Him. Praying your Dad and I can be His example here on earth.

Thank you for being an amazing brother and cousin. You are adored by all. Ells loves you to the core and you are her best friend. Sage looks up to you and loves when you play with him. Daddy and Mommy couldn't be more proud of you. You are turning into a big boy. We love you. Can't wait to see what this next year holds.

Love Mom & Dad

3 comments:

  1. So fun!! Can't believe he is 5 already!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too. It is a bit hard to swallow. Probably like a first grader in your house, uh? Love love your posts. Thanks for keeping me caught up with all your insights. It's like we still get together on a regular basis that way.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete