"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July

We knew we were going to be gone on the 4th...big bummer. And really there aren't many fireworks any other time.


The 4th is kinda of a special day for us. Its D's birthday. Not his real one but the one that really matters. It is the day he gave his life to the Lord. 13 years ago this year. Amazing stuff God has done for this guy in the last 13 years.

So each year I can't wait to celebrate and fireworks just seem to set it straight. Well d heard they were putting some off at JC mall and the sunday night before. Just the ticket after a no nap day really and landscaping most of it, right?


So what do you do when all your kiddos fall asleep on the way to the fireworks. We woke or at least attempted to Ells and then bribe them with laffy taffy. Crazy stuff. But making memories, right. 

this prior to the drive




Looking ready to go uh? We never could get Ells to wake. She laid on my lap the entire show. And we were not to far off from where they were shooting them off.

The next morning our conversation went like this.
Ell: "How come we didn't see fireworks last night."
Shadd: "We did. You missed them."
Me: "Sorry but you slept through them. We tried to wake you up"
Shadd: "Don't worry, mom took pictures."

Oh dear. A little convo I don't wanna forget. Shaddy the problem solver.

The actual 4th was spent at my aunt and uncles. The kids got to ride horses and we got to enjoy the day with my dad's entire side of the family minus R&E as baby q was slated to arrive the next day. It was a fun day honoring our nation as well as my grandpa who celebrated the big 80 this year and my grandparents as they celebrated 60 years of marriage. What a special couple and I am honored to call them mine.





With all the other stuff to pack I forgot my camera so my phone just had to do. Even Sage went for a ride on the horse. They loved it. In the one picture Sage was found following the horse. Always have to keep an eye on that little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment