"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Berry Picking

Yum.

We went berry picking. Thanks to friends up north we got twenty pounds of juicy strawberries. Some are in the freezer. Some went into 3 pies and the others topped some yummy pancakes and angel food cake. Of course, we did just eat some too.

We picked two flats full. When I say we I do use the term lightly. The thistles were out in full force so my helpers were a little less help in picking but helped make the transfer from small basket to flat for me. I was covered in juice as Sage thought it was fun to munch on the berries that had been picked and then come a give me bear hugs as I crouched in the thicket.

We were amusing to some I am sure.

The loot - or at least half of it

the helpers

the strawberry pie aftermath
Not many pictures taken because well we had a job to do so we did it. We will be back next year and hopefully my helpers will take a more active role.

No comments:

Post a Comment