"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, July 26, 2013

Camp Shadd

We celebrated the birthday boy last Friday night.

Everyone was invited (family) to camp out at our house. Although Shadd was bummed we had no takers and even the bigs didn't sleep outside due to tiredness and a momma who really just didn't feel like it. Even bigger bummer. I have promised we will camp out this summer though. So maybe we will go and camp out at Papa and Frama's or something.




I was begged all week. "Mom. Where are my decorations." I guess I kinda went overboard last year with the angry birds theme. Setting the bar too high. So I got my act in gear and cranked out some decorations. Although I failed to get a picture of my directional left over barn board sign which was by far my favorite part.

Then we just enjoyed our family. Playing outside in the pool and sprinker. Water guns, balloons, swings, etc.





Everyone minus E, Cousin S and new cousin Q
Loving the new swing set

 We opened presents. By far Shadd's favorite part I think.


love this expression. enjoying each card???

Sporting his new hat from Uncle J

Asking his great grandmas to read their cards

We also did a little fishing. Off the deck of course. It took a lot of enticing as Shaddy really wanted another homemade pinata but it just didn't fit the theme. I think he finally got over it. 




Shadd's prize

We ate a ton. 

Burgers,  dogs, fruit and of course a perfect cake (thanks to Aunt K) and daddy's yummy homemade ice cream.



We even did s'mores. We were all stuffed but there is nothing like a camp out with out s'mores, right.



Celebrating 5 was fun. We love hosting birthday parties and we are ever thankful that our entire family - both sides lives close enough to attend. Love that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment