"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, June 24, 2013

mini road trip

I admit it. I can't seem to stay caught up. Summer is getting away from me and much of the time I just don't feel like capturing the moment via photo but rather just lingering in it for my own memory.

This past weekend we traveling to Omaha. We had a busy couple of days and loved every moment, well maybe not every.

First thing up. a couple cavities that I needed filled. We go to the dentist in Omaha so this just seemed like the logical time to do it. However the placement of the two did make for a few laughs. Check out how I looked at the Children's Museum.



I tried not to smile but if you know me its tough. D loved it and made fun of me the entire time so that made for an enjoyable morning. He also couldn't believe it when I told him I would put it on the blog. But without it you don't get the just of just how bad it was. Slight embarassment of course but keeping it real around here.

Plus the children's museum was awesome.

Water play, grocery shopping, fire engine, playground stuff, houses, art and crafts, a princess show, face painting, and of course the ball course (our favorite i think). Even Sage had fun.













So that was Thursday. Then we got to play at the pool and eat at the very famous VI (or Village Inn). Not sure what started Shadd's love affair with the restaurant but it is one place all our kiddos will eat and eat well. Plus D and I got a really goo omelet so it was perfect.


The smiley face person made out of pancakes, eggs and bacon is a huge hit.

We topped off the night with a french silk pie from Perkins per D's request as we watched game 7 of the NBA championships. Slight tear. Really wanted the Spurs to snag the win.

Anywho. Friday. Zoo Day. We hit up the zoo with Frama & Papa. It wasn't too crowded and we got to see all our favorites.

Look how close these lions were to the glass. Amazing.


 Plus the new cubs.


Then there are the gorillas. A family favorite.


He was just posing in the window.

 Of course all the nooks and crannies make the zoo awesome.



We snacked and breaked and hoped for an amazing sea lion show but it was tough to beat the awesome one we saw down in Florida.


Then we met Uncle R and Aunt E and Cousin B for a train ride. Probably not worth the $5 a person price tag but at least you get to see the animals up on the hill without walking it. This is where Sage had finally had enough. He and Ells both took turns snoozing in the stroller.



The penguins. My personal favorite.

 And the beautiful giraffes.

The zoo always reminds me of God's amazing creatures and creations. If the differences in each human aren't enough just check out the distinct, perfect design of all the animals. Designed for specific purposes with specific characteristics for survival, etc. Our God is truly AMAZING!

So the rest of the day went like this. Lunch at Runza (our favorite - we did eat there twice). Swimming in the afternoon. Off to my cousin A's wedding. Dinner and Dancing. The toasts were fun and the kids loved that. In fact, we have clanged a few cups the past few days. But the dancing. Oh the dancing. They would have stayed and closed the place down. Don't get me wrong I loved it. I love to cut a rug especially among family. I mean who cares how stupid you look, right? Well Sage was the best. Couldn't keep him off the floor. I think it was partly the lights and maybe the fact it was way way past his bedtime but still small joy sang from this dancing momma. 


Since we got home I have had a few requests for more weddings. We don't have any coming up that I am aware of so we may have to just become part time wedding crashers. Although I doubt we could fly to far under the radar. I mean three small kiddos and red hair.  Dead give away. 

Still it was a blast and we are slowly recovering from lack of naps and irregular schedules. 


No comments:

Post a Comment