"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Iowa State Fair

So in true our family fashion - we headed to the state fair sunday afternoon. The last day so scored half price tickets at least. Of course, we had run our kids all weekend so why not end with a trip to the fair and then squeeze in looking at some lots in a nearby town. Now if only our house would sell so we could officially get the ball rolling that direction. Another post entirely and apologize for rambling. 

We had fun at the fair - not nearly as much as years past because we usually go food crashing with our friends and their kids but we weren't able to do that again this year. Will we go next year? Who knows. 

We did our typical run of the fair - see the animals. Well at least what was left. The big steer was gone already so we were sorely disappointed. Ells enjoyed the baa though. 
Only pic I scored - awfully crowded around the big animals! 
Eat some food. We have worked in some food booths in the past, etc. So we know what's good and what's not so good. We stuck to the favorites in this short visit though.
One of our favorites! Mini Donuts - Reminds me of when my dad frys us some Christmas morning! 

Shadd loves the donuts - Ells not so much!

Gotta ride the Giant Slide. Too bad you have to walk to the top. D tried it this year but he usually makes me take the kids as the height of it can make him a little sick to his stomach. I should have at least took Shadd since he walked the whole way to the top. 
Dad and Shadd after the big slide - so proud of daddy as it is pretty high

Ells and Mom - Let just say I was tuckered our after carrying Ells to the top. Two high school age girls were commenting on how tired they were and they pointed to me and said I don't know how you did it. I just told them not to listen to me breathing!
We then ventured to the varied industries building. Saw Clifford and visited the ISU booth and got a cup of cookies. The building was crowded and just about did us in. Plus melted chocolate chips and two young toddlers don't always mix.
Ells wasn't quite sure about Clifford up close and personal. Had it been Curious George I think both of my kids would have fainted. They love him. 

Just a couple of people watchers

I had to eat a corn dog and d is tenderloin - although Benoits are way better. Will choose right next time uh d?


Ells enjoyed bites of the tenderloin too

Shadd - too serious

Branded ISU

Just a pic Shadd took when he stole my camera - thought I'd share

The giant slide - our favorite

1 comment: