"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, August 5, 2011

God answers prayer even the tiniest things

The Lord never ceases to amaze me or my children, for that matter. We had a slight problem at our house the last couple of days. I couldn't find my camera. It isn't anything too fancy but still something that is fairly valuable at our house. Well after attending the balloon festival without in wed night (don't worry thanks to our phones we have a few pics to post), I decided to scour the house last night. I mean I looked everywhere for that thing, even dug thru the trash (well I made d do it) as ells might have thrown it in there. I spent about an hour and half looking and finally gave up late last night.

Well this morning, my mom came over to do our garage sale friday thing and said she would help me look. I had pretty much given up but was willing to do just about anything. She suggested praying. Sure why not? Shadd prayed this morning at breakfast that God would help us find mommy's camera. So after we got done praying and eating breakfast , my mom asked Shadd where did God tell you to look. He said, "the couch." Reluctantly, I helped move the couch and nothing. Then my mom started to taking off the pillows. Doubt filled as I had done this yesterday and sure enough there is the camera behind the middle seat cushion.

I know you can say I didn't look very well the night before or by moving the couch it shook the camera down to a visible spot, but I believe God put it there to teach me that He can do amazing things and He cares so much for me that He can show himself in the smallest things if I just rely on Him. What an awesome testimony of God's power for my son to see. Sometimes I think the Lord loves to show Himself in the smallest things to wow the little ones. He did this morning.

It made me reflect on some little answered prayers when I was a kid - like finding a clear retainer in the middle of gravel ball field parking lot. After prayer it took about 10 minutes and it was just glimmering for all to see.

Why do we struggle to see God in our lives? Why can't we give Him the glory as he orchestrates the most amazing blessing in our lives?

Thank you Lord - for giving me a glimmer of of what my prayer life should be like. Why do I question what you care about and what I decide to bring to you? Instead, Lord I pray that I would cast all my cares upon you and bring all my petitions before you! You are in control and You care so much about me that you would chose to answer my prayers even for the smallest things!


"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
Matthew 21:22


Philippians 4:6
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment