"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a weekend?

So in our previous life we spent every single weekend working on our house - 3109 - and a house we flipped in our home town - 222. We dubbed them after there house #s of course. Well with a little tugging at my hubby's side and some blog inspiration we are finally back at it. We had a free weekend and took advantage of it.

A white mantel finally - bye bye ugly eye sore oak! Thanks to Sherwin-Williams pro choice in pearly white we are on to tackle the kitchen cupboards. Something I have wanted to do since we moved in 3.5 years ago. I guess I have just been patiently waiting for the hubs to get on board. He actually is encouraging the cabinets and pushing for them this week. We will see. So I thought I took a picture of the before but can't seem to find one! I guess I was just so excited to paint it I forgot to take the before!

What do you think?

Also a little diy artwork for upstairs. I ordered a couple of canvases from Canvas On Demand of each of the kids and they needed a little something heartfelt in the middle. Then I stumbled upon this from the Lettered Cottage.

Here is the post. As I can't seem to load the pic!
http://theletteredcottage.net/diy-art-how-to


since my husband is way more handy than he lets on he knocked out the frame and well it looks like... it is still a work in progress - lets just say gray on wood just doesn't seem to show up as much as I would like it.

Plus we squeezed in a 1.5 hour bike ride with the kids and a couple of walks regardless of the scorching heat!

Takin' a break at the Butterfly Garden

snacks and sticks and water - what else could one ask for?

What's over there?

Climbing up to the top

Tired but loving the sweat

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so stinkin adorable. BTW...the mantle looks fabulous. I can't wait to see the kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete