"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The next Zach Johnson

So the birthday boy got to open his presents from mom & dad on his birthday before dad left for work. He was pretty excited although my wrapping was pretty hodge podge. He got real and I mean real golf clubs. Yes. The real deal. Taylor Mades. Crazy uh? Well, dad was in charge of this one and I am so proud of my wheel and deal hubby. I think I have rubbed off in our 15 years together. He found these on clearance at Golf Galaxy and then had the nerve to ask if they would discount them further as they had a couple scratches on them. They did. So all in all we got some expensive nice clubs for about the cost of the cheapo ones at Wal-Mart. Plus a the bag, towel and hat. 

He totally looks the part minus the jammies





Later that evening the boys went to Kevin Beard's driving range. Thats what we call the one at Otter Creek. Shadd wasn't super interested in hitting balls and on the way home he said to d - "Dad, I really good at hitting baseballs, but you need to work with me on hitting golf balls." D found it funny and they both decided they will have to hit balls in the yard more often. Hit more balls, what do they do every night after Ells goes to bed anyways? All in all - it is just a start in a hobby that is expensive but something he and his daddy will enjoy together forever and I love that. Maybe even Ells and I will get to go one of these days. I need to play more than one round a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment