"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, July 25, 2011

Garden Delight

So last year I wanted to plant a garden, but Ells was born so it was put on the back burner. Well this year I begged and it happened. I wish I had some pics of my dad and d with the tiller. Lets just say we are lucky that we didn't have to buy a new section of chain link fence for our neighbor. So we got all the ground tilled and ready to go. We planted seeds and then I asked Shadd if he was excited to eat from the garden. This is the response I got. "Mom, I don't want to eat dirt." See growing produce is educational as well as delicious. 

D didn't think I could handle the task of taking care of a garden but I guess under estimated me. A little weeding and watering and wah lah.

First batch of fresh home-grown produce!

Garden - getting fuller
Personally the food is great. I had the first tomato this afternoon for a snack, after Ells tried to bite into it. But I am loving the fresh flower arrangements I have been getting from a pack of zinnias and wild flowers. It is awesome! And when the sunflowers bloom, it will be beautiful!

All in all - we are reaping in the benefits of a little hard work and it is worth it! Maybe it will be twice that size next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment