"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just some craftiness

So a few years ago my mom got me a sewing machine for $10 at a garage sale. Since then I have been trying to save a few bucks and make some things. So far - some pillows, slipcovers, blankets, nursing capes, burp rags, etc. Pretty simple stuff really. Well I have founds some pretty great design ideas and since I have a little girl to experiment on I made her a pillowcase dres, thanks tracy, and an iron onesie since her 1st birthday is quickly approaching. Just thought I would share since it is just too much fun!


Here is a picture of the dress I made. Just a first of many I would assume. It needs some tweaking. My aunt is practically professional and she gave me some pointers for the next one. Maybe a skirt - just need to find the right fabric, that tends to be the problem.


Today I spent most of nap time - sanding an old wooden swing for our patio. Only cost $15.00 however D was not too thrilled when I brought it home. I will post some before and afters once I get to work on it! Any suggestions on a color to paint it! D wants white - kinda boring I feel! 

2 comments:

  1. You are a crafty mama! I vote for turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt... I vote lime green or plum for the wooden seat. When in doubt...gray! You can add some fancy outside pillows with some flair!

    ReplyDelete