"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why the title?

Immeasurably more...have you ever heard the verse in Ephesians 3 that states..."to Him who can do immeasurably more than you can ask or think." What a God we serve! He has done exactly that in my life and the life of our family. That verse is just a great reminder of the power of the Lord. Power that we can't even begin to fathom. A reminder to me as I am blogging of how blessed I am to be glorifying Him in my role and whatever situation comes my way. It is a choice to be joyful and to fully embrace motherhood. Don't get me wrong there are definitely days that I have to make a conscious effort to choose joy and but there are those moments of motherhood and being a wife where you wouldn't trade any of the low days for just one moment of the highs.

Just this morning...I spent an hour in Ells room rocking her prior to the sun coming up. Yet we got to snuggle and talk to one another in quiet voices while Dad and Shaddy slept on. Was I exhausted? Yes. But will someday I look back and wish I could grab her and hold her in my arms again. Of course. As much as they love their dad, they need me in a whole different way. Shadd fell off the couch this morning (don't ask) and he didn't want dad to snuggle with him and comfort him - NO! Only mom would do. Just another reminder of why God made me for this! What an honor!

His design is perfect. His way is perfect. He will provide immeasurably more than we can even dream. And that is why the title. Just a reminder to myself that God knows best - no matter what the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment