"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, August 29, 2014

Shadd's 1st day of Kindergarten


Its official. Shadd is in Kindergarten.


Since I had to miss his first day (stinking hospital), I was a bit teary eyed and worried it wouldn't be just as I imagined. You know like cute chalkboard sign pictures etc. Well daddy did his best. And I will never forget this year. 








He has Mrs. Anderson this year and today marks two full weeks of school under his belt. I can't even believe it. He looks so so big walking into the school with his backpack. He has eaten hot lunch a couple of times already which amazes me as I had cold lunch til I graduated. I mean I ventured out a few times in high school with malts and salads maybe but not much. 

He loves it. Which makes it oh so much easier for this momma. Plus a newborn makes the day just seem to fly by. So far he don't get a ton of information about what goes on but a new tidbit comes out each day and I can't wait to visit in a couple weeks. 

He really grew up overnight it seems. He just seems so big. So independent. And I love that he loves learning and the adventure. As much as I cringe each day he is away, I know he is making and creating new exciting adventures and its just the start of his life independent of me. Wow. 

And then nothing like ending the first day of school by visiting your momma in the hospital. Oh Oh so thankful we are healthy. That would be a tough tough road.





1 comment:

  1. Love these pics!! So funny how things aren't always what we expect but you will NEVER forget your first one's first day at school! Glad he is loving it!

    ReplyDelete