"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

What an amazing month to be grateful. Yet it shouldn't just be a month, although its a great start but it should be a transformation of stopping to notice the obvious. The stuff we take for granted. The blessings that abound in front of us. 

Its amazing what a grateful heart can do. It can change the entire day. A life for that matter. 

For me stopping and taking time to name the things that I would normally just shuffle off as givens, allows me to be remember that nothing is really that big! God's got it and I don't have to worry or fret but rest in Him and exude my thanksgiving and praise in HIM  and Him alone. 

"But seek first the kingdom of heaven and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you" Matthew 6:33

This verse as been written on our chalkboard in our kitchen and I love what Jesus is saying. 


So my thankfuls...

1. friends that moved in nearby (we get to see so much more of them these days)
2. our church
3. a date day with some of our bestest friends, love the time we got to spend together - watching the game, eating Georges. 
4. nuggles and tisses from sage man
5. the sides our kids take - boys vs girls already and we are slightly outnumbered.
6. spending time with our cousins
7. my sister and sister-in-laws (i'm lucky to have such women in my life)
8. chilly mornings and warmer afternoons
9. hot chocolate w/marshmallows and slippers
10. a fun win filled volleyball season - WPRD Champs this year (after losing three years in a row)
11. random impromptu time with my momma (like sitting in the hot tub after a vball game at 10:30 at night
12. that shadd includes sage in things - best big brother ever
13. my kids love for learning, makes school so much easier
14. how shadd loves everything in full force his daddy does 
15. the shift in ells demeanor (lots less discipline)
16. a big garage - makes for easy winter cleanup and lots of playroom
17. sisters in christ
18. slower more family time of the winter months
19. christmas music - already on at this house randomly throughout the day. not a constant quite yet.
20. I am just thankful that God's got it. Its not my responsibility. What a stress reliever. Love that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment