"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, August 26, 2013

Today

My heart hurts. I wouldn't normally post something like this but I cant think of any other way to get the thoughts out of my head other than to jot them down.

Good friends of ours lost their son today.

I've known them for years. That little boy (not nearly as little today) was one of the few who got our sunday school lessons in the early church plant years when my brother and sister and I were in charge and we were just barely older than anyone else.

All i know is i wasn't sure how to react. so i've pretty much spent the day - angry. Just confused and angry instead of wrapping my arms around my children and loving them for who they each are. There are so so many pressures today facing people. No, its not what God intended for us. We were to love Him and nothing else.

I can't imagine the grief of losing a child or what the Lord has in store for our future but I need to be glad for today and everything the present holds.

We just watched "Pollyanna" tonight (perfect God timing as it came in the mail today) and there is always something to be glad about. What a contagious effect her glad game had on the whole town. I can only imagine what it would do for our house or town or country.

Even though i'm not sure why God chose today to take him home, I do know that "His plans are not my plans, nor His ways my ways".

Give me Your eyes to see what You see, Lord.
Let me rejoice and be glad in it!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss Karie....will be holding you and his family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, times like this always make me question why a good God would do that and then I am reminded that this is not our home and sometimes we may not understand what God is doing but we can know who He is and His love never fails. Praying for you and them today....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart and will be praying for you as you grieve your loss... God is good all the time even though we do not understand the reason for a trial as this. Prayers for you and his family

    ReplyDelete