"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Friday, April 15, 2011

traditions - the meshing of old and new

So each year we have some traditions of D and I's childhood that we get to roll out to our little ones. This is the year of easter nests. You are probably thinking, what? Well it is a little Livingston tradition that instead of good ole easter baskets you get to dig through an easter nest. We always and still do a pretty massive easter egg hunt (yes, even the adults such as I get to look for my purple eggs in my parents backyard). One of these days I think I will just get to sit and watch my children. Anyways back to the nests - last year D was out of town and I was really pregnant so we decided to forgo the nest, but not this year. D has already been cutting paper. Just thought I would share a little bit of our tradition as I snicker at the thought of the meshing that takes place as you combine all the things you grew up with plus the new to make holidays memorable and fun for your little ones.



A perfect way to recycle the sunday paper and utilize the time as you are watching the masters, right? Oh I am sure I will have some more photos to post as my little ones follow their easter egg hunt to finally uncover the treasure in their nests.

I love Easter - definitely not for the bunny or eggs but for the real reason we celebrate this holiday. In honor and rememberence of Jesus' death on the cross. His ultimate sacrifice in paying the penalty for my sins and yours and the fact that on the 3rd day he conquered death and rose again.

In fact - I just love this song by Go Fish - Its actually a Christmas song but it has such a great message for Easter too.

By the way if you don't know about Go Fish - they write the best kids music out there - in fact we own every cd and our entire family (even D and I) enjoy rocking out with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment