"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Monday, October 9, 2017

Date days

A little tradition I started a few years back was a date day with each of my school kiddos.
To do pretty much whatever they want with just me for the day or at least half of a day.
I tried not to do much guiding with Shadd and it didn't work out super great so i planned a little bit more for ells and sage.
Big thanks to Jess for making this possible! Best part of our summer is having Jess around!


Shadd & I hit up the disc golf course in waukee. Its not marked stellar and we only have three discs but it was still fun to do.



Then we headed to cheesecake factory because he has always wanted to try it. Well he was a little disappointed. Our food took forever. Like over an hour and he ate like two bites. Not exactly kid friendly. But the free cheesecake in their apology won him over!

Then we hit up sky zone. And we played a lot of dodgeball. I was one of the only adults in the ring but it was a ton of fun and we laughed a lot! We even took some photos in the Photo Booth!



Sage and I went to glow golf: we took photos at all his hole in ones. we hit up a blizzard on the way home!





Ells wanted to shop, eat and play at the pool (just us)
I think she soon discovered I'm really not that fun. I can't do multiple flips underwater and I don't like to do repeat slide attempts. But we had a blast just hanging out the two of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment