"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Ells Ediition

Wow.


Believe it or not Ells turned 4 today---at exactly 5:23 I believe.

Whirlwind delivery that girl and we have been lucky to call her ours ever since.

Its funny to think that she is so far our only daughter and may only be.

Even though I knew in my heart that this little guy in my tummy was a boy I am still praying for a sister for my Ells. I just cherish mine so much that I want her to have one too. But maybe that's not what God has in store for her. Instead maybe she we will be loved to pieces and protected by her three brothers.

So we are celebrating a little low key today as Shadd has a bit of a sore throat. But we opened presents this morning and we are headed to Rio 2 with dad this afternoon. It will be Sager's first movie in the theatre so we will see how well that goes. Then we are having the big pajama party bash Saturday morning.

But thankfully my babies are both celebrating on Thursday this year so I get to tribute my thank you to Him about them.

1. Ells smile - when she gives one it can light up the room
2. Her jokes and sayings and how she laughs at herself afterwards
3. Listening to her belt out "let it go" or any song in the middle of church - no fear worshiping that little one
4. Her drama and fits - these are getting better but they are a constant reminder of the way us girls act at times.
5. Her opinions - the girl loves to be in charge - most of the time she is being told that she is not the mommy.
6. How much i am told she looks and acts like me (not sure i love this one but still it amazes me how God creates them different yet similar to you)
7. Her quirks - like asking me every morning and night  if she needs new underwear. I guess those night baths kinda throw her off.
8. Her love for crafts, projects and coloring - girl after her mama's heart
9.  Her cute haircut and that she loves to dress up and paint nails and be girly - surprising me with a new outfit each morning.
10. She loves her brothers - even though it may not show always, deep down she cares so much for them dearly

Ells...
I hope you have sweet 4th birthday. We love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for showing me the best of me and the worst. Someday when you have a little girl of your own you will know how special it is to have a daughter. Keep learning, growing and loving and you will continue to grow into the girl that God wants you to be. We love you. Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment